Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bonheoffer

Please take about 15 minutes to watch this video. It'll be worth your time to learn about a champion of the Christian faith.



I stumbled across this interview on Glenn Beck and found this guy Dietrich Bonhoeffer to be pretty interesting. I'm always finding myself interested in the Christian leaders who attempt to pull the church away from the secular attractions that occur in almost every society. And what's even more uniquely interesting about it is that The Church (Jesus' church that started in Acts 2) always has the same struggles throughout time, no matter the society or government, and you always find someone, like Bonhoeffer or George Whitfield, who has the courage to try to reel the church back into God's Word. I hope I can eventually get around to reading this book because it seems like it can be really encouraging to hear about a guy with boldness to stand against Nazis. I mean America's churches are struggling and its hard enough to try to stand against this secular pulling, and we aren't against Nazis (yet).

I'm also really impressed with the author of this book, 

No comments:

Post a Comment